Monday, December 28, 2015

Update on my novel, Moon to Joshua

Hello all, 

I hope this holiday season finds everyone well. I write you this quick little letter in order to update everyone who still might be interested in my upcoming soon-to-be-released, epic, most-awesomest novel ever: MOON TO JOSHUA.

Unfortunately, we've hit a bit of a snag; the novel will still be released by EDGE Science Fiction and Fantasy Publishing, but the release date has been pulled until further notice. In short: I don't know when the book will be released but let's hope it is soon. 

This is how the publishing world goes. And deeper so, I have learned a valuable lesson on patience and humility. I suppose I should treasure these moments before my work is released because, you see, once my work is out there, it is out there forever. I cannot take it back, and thus, for better or for worse, you will see my writing and think what you will. Maybe you'll learn from it, or hate it, or cherish it, or put it to sleep next to your pillow every night--who knows? But whatever you do with it, it will be ours.

Am I ready for it? I don't know for sure, but I think I am. All I really know is that I have a desperate desire to help people with my writing--that is, if one person who reads this work is moved by it, learns from it, or uses it to write a better, greater work, then I have done my job. 

In closing, dear friends, thank you for your patience. I will let you know as soon as I do about the release and to make sure everyone who wants a copy gets one. 

Warmest regards,

--Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment